Making Science Memorable in Year 5 RJ198 / C211
Are you new to your year group? Do you want to create a buzz in your classroom and enthuse pupils about science? Or perhaps you need some new ideas to shake up the way you teach science. Each year-group-specific 3 hour workshop is jam packed with ideas, engaging activities and investigations that will make you science teaching memorable. Children are motivated to learn when they see the relevance to their everyday lives. You will discover how to help your pupils make those connections between science and the world in which they live. These sessions are designed to enrich your lessons and deepen your children's learning. You will also learn how to assess and track your children's progress.
As a result of this course you will be able to:
- Identify new ways to enrich and enhance your teaching of science and make it relevant and enjoyable for your pupils.
- Understand what engages children and how to maximise their science learning.
- Deliver new practical science activities with confidence in the classroom.
- Track and assess your children's progression in each key stage.
We can develop an affordable bespoke CPD event which is delivered locally to you for:
- individuals such as: subject leaders, coordinators, heads of departments
- a team/whole department
- a network of schools/groups
- multi-academy trusts
- initial teacher education
|Primary bespoke support||25 September 2023||09:00-12:00||North Tyneside|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available