STEM Clubs - Surviving and Thriving SC102 / A23
Online, self-paced course. Participants can join and start this course at any time after the advertised date.
This course explores key considerations of running a STEM club in the long term. It focusses on identifying the factors needed to support club progress and developing a club improvement plan that aids student learning, engages senior management, and provides a firm foundation to strengthen, advance and revitalise the aims of your club.
You will conduct a club audit to identify both strengths and weaknesses and use the information to create a club improvement plan that is supportive of the school improvement plan and STEM agenda.
Who is it for?
This course is for experienced STEM subject club leaders; those who have been involved in running a STEM Club for two or more years in a UK primary or secondary school.
What topics are covered?
This course covers:
- How to reflect on your club
- Developing engaging activities
- Stretching students' capabilities
- Being visible
- Measuring impact
How will you learn?
This online, self-paced course can be completed flexibly. Participants can join and start this course at any time after the advertised date.
This course is not facilitated. You can learn independently or with colleagues to directly address your individual needs.
How long is this course?
This course takes around 9 hours to complete and you do not need to be online at any specific time. You can take the course at your own pace.
Who is the course leader?
This is a self-paced Online Course
The course leader will be introduced in the course.
- Explored a range of resources to revitalise a scheme of learning
- Identified the key benefits of having a STEM club for students, the school and the wider community and selected areas for improvement
- Created a marketing plan to bring new members and increase diversity
- Planned to increase student leadership of the club
- Incorporated careers-related learning and skills progression into the club scheme of learning
- Explored a range of funding options
- Planned to evaluate the impact of any changes that are implemented
|1 STEM Clubs - Surviving and Thriving||01 September 2023||02:00-02:00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£100.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available