Establishing a STEM club - from creation to careers SC101 / A23
Online, self-paced course. Participants can join and start this course at any time after the advertised date.
This course will take you through the process of planning a school science, technology, engineering or maths club, from developing a proposal and setting objectives, to creating a marketing campaign, developing an activity schedule, and planning for the long term. The course has three modules: Developing your STEM Club proposal; Creating a six-week plan; Planning for the long term.
Who is it for?
This course is for prospective and new STEM subject Club Leaders.
What topics are covered?
This course covers:
- The impacts and benefits of a STEM club
- Club objectives, development and marketing plans
- Engaging senior leadership and colleagues
- Projects and activities for the short and long term
- Incorporating careers awareness and employability skill sets
- Recruiting students and keeping them engaged
How will you learn?
This online, self-paced course can be completed flexibly. Participants can join and start this course at any time after the advertised date.
This course is not facilitated. You can learn independently or with colleagues to directly address your individual needs.
How long is this course?
This course takes around 6 hours to complete and you do not need to be online at any specific time. You can take the course at your own pace.
Who is the course leader?
This is a self-paced Online Course
The course leader will be introduced in the course.
- Identified benefits and impacts relevant to the school
- Identified club objectives supportive of the school improvement plan and STEM agenda
- Development of a STEM Club proposal and marketing plans to engage senior management, colleagues and students
- Development of a project schedule of activities incorporating careers awareness and employability skills
|1 Establishing a STEM club - from creation to careers||01 September 2023||02:00-02:00||Online course|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£100.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available