Primary design and technology: Structures NE256 / A23
This course will introduce you to the skills, knowledge and understanding of the structures element of the primary design and technology national curriculum. You will consider National Curriculum requirements, progression and a range of practical activities which enable children to develop their design, skills.
Other courses in this series are:
Alternatively, you can access all 6 courses for the price of 5 through the Primary Design and Technology online course package.
Who is it for?
Leaders of Primary D&T; Primary Teachers
What topics are covered?
This course covers:
- Understanding different type of structures
- Planning for progression
- Materials, stability and strength in structures
- Cross curricular opportunities and activities to try out in the classroom
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
This course takes around 1 hour to complete and you do not need to be online at any specific time. You can take the course at your own pace.
Who is the course leader?
I am a Professional Development Leader for Primary STEM at The National STEM Learning Centre, York. Previously, I was a primary school teacher...
The aim of this short CPD package is to:
- provide you with ideas to help you develop your D&T teaching curriculum
- provide practical approaches you can then use in your classroom
|Primary design and technology: Structures||01 September 2023||00:00-23:59|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£30.00 +VAT||Subsidy available*£0.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£40.00 +VAT|
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available