EP2537 Metacognitive framework called Thinking Moves RK198 / A209
For schools from Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Northampton Only – all other bookings will be cancelled
All other attendees are welcome to book onto sister course RK198 A256 for £40/80 respectively.
This is session 2 of 6.
Thinking Moves A – Z is a vocabulary of 26 types of thinking. The Moves are understandable, comprehensive and memorable. They make metacognition simple for teachers and learners, bringing big benefits in school and everyday life.
Our thinking ability is what makes us distinctively human. Yet we have no generally accepted approach to teaching thinking – and no common vocabulary to describe different ways of thinking. This, when you think about it, is extraordinary. Imagine trying to teach or learn maths if we did not have commonly accepted terms such as add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Thinking Moves A – Z provides a vocabulary for thinking. The moves themselves are not new – we all use them in our learning and our life every day. But now we have a way of talking about how we think, and that gives us a means to work on improving the effectiveness of our thinking.
Metacognition Made Simple
Research by the Education Endowment Foundation has shown that effective strategies for metacognition and self-regulation:
· Have consistently high levels of impact;
· Are better when taught in collaborative groups so that learners can support each other and make their thinking explicit through discussion;
· Require pupils to take greater responsibility for their learning;
· Can be particularly effective for low achieving and disadvantaged pupils.
Thinking Moves A – Z supports every step of the EEF’s recommended framework for metacognition and self-regulated learning.
Our Foundation course on Thinking Moves A – Z, helps teachers:
· Become familiar with Thinking Moves A – Z
· Understand how to build Thinking Moves into the curriculum
· Understand how Thinking Moves can enrich inquiry based learning
· Get practical advice on how to embed Thinking Moves into your school’s teaching and learning
Who is the course leader?
We can develop an affordable bespoke CPD event which is delivered locally to you for:
- individuals such as: subject leaders, coordinators, heads of departments
- a team/whole department
- a network of schools/groups
- multi-academy trusts
- initial teacher education
|EP2537 Metacognitive framework called Thinking Moves||24 October 2023||15:30-16:30||Virtual|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£60.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available