Physics for non-specialists NY201 / E22
22nd-23rd June: County Upper School, Bury St Edmunds
4th-5th July: Northstowe Secondary College, Northstowe
This is a locally delivered course and therefore the travel subsidy is not applicable. However, a subsidy of £1,600 is available for teachers from priority schools. Enter your school to check eligibility.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- What they learn at primary - where are they coming from?
- Energy - Stores, pathways and misconceptions
- Forces - Force diagrams, Newton's Laws, formulae
- Motion - Everyday contexts, calculations, graphs
- Electricity - Basic circuits, static, practical work and electromagetism
- Waves - Electromagnetic spectrum, uses, calculations
- Radioactivity - Nuclear decay, safe handling and managing, graphs
- Required practical - practice at required practical work and adding context to this
- Exam tips and maths skills - learn from a maths expert how to help students in exams
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- teach physics confidently by effectively using a range of teaching strategies to assess students’ prior understanding, counter misconceptions and move learning forward
- describe developments in physics and how it relates to the topics that are being taught making the science more relevant to learners
- evaluate the impact of a change within your teaching
|Physics for non-specialists - day 1||22 June 2023||09:00-16:00||Bury St Edmunds County Upper School|
|Physics for non-specialists - day 2||23 June 2023||09:00-16:00||Bury St Edmunds County Upper School|
|Physics for non-specialists - day 3||04 July 2023||09:00-16:00||Bury St Edmunds County Upper School|
|Physics for non-specialists - day 4||05 July 2023||09:00-16:00||Bury St Edmunds County Upper School|
Fees & Subsidies
If the course you would like to attend is fully booked, please contact email@example.com to express your interest in being added to a waiting list. We will contact you when the course is due to run again.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available