Secondary Science Subject Leaders Network & Conference Package - Spring/Summer 23 RC298 / C172
A network of CPD sessions for Secondary Science Subject Leaders.
Taking place on Zoom on 18/1/23, 1/3/23, 26/4/23, 5/7/23.
All networks will have a 20-minute update on news relevant to Science leads, eg Ofsted, Ofqual, etc.
– WM Science leads conference (Make UK), curriculum, literacy, intervention, effective teaching strategies KS3/5 including practical work.
– Curriculum sequencing specifically subject progression.
– Progression in disciplinary knowledge, what does yours look like?
– Developing staff - how can we retain and develop our teams?
– WM Science leads conference, inspiring Science, innovation and Science capital.
– Review of the year and setting priorities for 23/24
Booking Offer - There is a TRP subsidy available to all eligible schools for 70% off the cost of this package, bringing the cost to the school down to only £42. For more information and the discount code, please contact NMSLP@potteries.ac.uk
Who is the course leader?
You will be able to:
- work collaboratively to lead and support the Science curriculum in your school
- work collaboratively to identify priorities in Science teaching and learning and in Science-specific professional development for your teams
- share and develop strategies to tackle these issues, drawing on expertise as needed from outside the network
|Curriculum Sequencing (Specifically Subject Progression)||18 January 2023||16:00-17:30||Virtual|
|Progression in Disciplinary Knowledge - What does yours look like?||28 February 2023||16:00-17:30||Virtual|
|Developing Staff - How can we retrain and develop our teams?||26 April 2023||16:00-17:30||Virtual|
|Review of the year and Setting Priorities for 23/24||05 July 2023||16:00-17:30||Virtual|
|WM Science Leads Conference||07 July 2023||09:30-15:30||Virtual|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£140.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£280.00 +VAT|
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available