Developing augmented reality (AR) products NC201 / B22
Augmented reality (AR) is changing the way we’re able to present information, using its highly engaging and interactive user experience, we’re now able to present 2D and 3D models within a user’s local surroundings.
Augmented reality has recently been introduced to Level 2 IT qualifications, during this two day residential you’ll learn how to plan, develop, test and evaluate an AR product. With your Professional Development Leader, you’ll go deep into learning how to use a piece of AR development software, building your confidence ahead of delivering this in the classroom.
Augmented reality is already being used across many areas of society, including retail, hospitality, education etc. Underpinned by the latest evidence of AR, you’ll learn how AR is being used within society, learn about the ethical and legal considerations and have the opportunity to hear from a STEM Ambassador working in the AR industry.
Who is it for?
This two day residential is suitable for any teachers planning on, or already delivering Level 2 IT qualifications, which include units of work focused on AR.
What topics are covered?
- introduction to augmented reality – you’ll learn what AR is, the different types of AR, how it’s been used within society and the different hardware required to engage with AR products.
- developing an AR product – during this session you’ll learn how to plan and develop a working prototype AR product. You’ll be expertly taught how to use a piece of AR development software.
- testing and evaluating an AR product – during this session you’ll learn how to conduct testing on your AR prototype and evaluate how successful your prototype is.
- AR in society – as with all technology, users need to be aware of the ethical and legal considerations around AR, during this session you’ll explore these considerations.
How will you learn?
Hands-on experiential learning with the collaborative support of your peers. Expert advice and instruction on AR from experienced classroom practitioners.
How long is this course?
This two day course will include approx. 12 hours of CPD. As this is a residential course, meals and overnight accommodation are included for participants for the duration of the course.
Who is the course leader?
Nick is an educational consultant, who has a great deal of experience in leading and teaching computing in primary and middle schools. He is also a...
- understand what augmented reality (AR) is and how it’s been used by businesses and organisations within society
- explore how to plan a suitable AR product
- construct a prototype AR product using a suitable piece of software
- test your AR product and evaluate the effectiveness of the product
- explore the ethical and legal considerations using AR in society
|Developing augmented reality (AR) products - day 1||29 March 2023||10:00-17:00|
|Developing augmented reality (AR) products - day 2||30 March 2023||09:00-16:00|
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Fees & Subsidies
If the course you would like to attend is fully booked, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in being added to a waiting list. We will contact you when the course is due to run again.
National STEM Learning Centre, Siwards Way, York YO10 5DD
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available