*INVITE ONLY* Teaching primary science: chemistry (for The Enquire Learning Trust) NE005 / B22
Online, self-paced course. Participants can join and start this course at any time after the advertised date. Teach primary science effectively by developing your subject knowledge and confidence in science topics. This course will examine key subject knowledge within the chemistry elements of the primary science curriculum. Through the course, we will demonstrate common misconceptions children may have and show how to identify and overcome them.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
This course covers:
- why good subject knowledge is essential when teaching primary science.
- developing subject knowledge for the chemistry content of the primary science curriculum.
- understanding children’s misconceptions about chemistry and identifying teaching strategies to identify and overcome them.
- subject knowledge to teach understanding materials and their properties, states of matter, and changes of materials.
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
• Sarah Dagnell
• Karen Brunyee
• Rachel Jackson
- identify the importance of good subject knowledge when teaching primary science
- develop personal subject knowledge of chemistry
- apply subject knowledge of chemistry to class teaching of pupils aged 5-11 years old
- explore practical activities to teach scientific concepts in the primary curriculum
- identify common misconceptions children may have in primary science concepts
- develop teaching strategies to identify and overcome children’s misconceptions
|Teaching primary science: chemistry||01 February 2023||00:00-00:00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£63.00 +VAT||Subsidy available*£0.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£81.00 +VAT|
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available