Excellent teaching and learning for A Level/KS5 biology RH533 / E02
This course will allow you to reflect and build on your already developed teaching strategies. Making use of recent evidence, we will firstly explore what makes an excellent biology lesson and how to support students to become ‘hands on minds on’ learners. A practical session will allow you to reflect on how practicals can support and extend learning. We will explore enrichment opportunities within biology to ensure your students understand and can apply biology into a range of contexts. Taking these ideas into your classroom will help students to see the role of biology in the wider world and link this to potential careers.
You may be eligible to claim a Teacher Release payment for attending this course - please contact your local Science Learning Partnership to find out : email@example.com
Who is the course leader?
- refine teaching and learning strategies for excellent A level biology teaching
- develop and share practice considering cutting edge approaches to include; effective practicals, dual coding, retrieval practice and novel contexts
- conclude how to effectively cater for key pupil groups within A level biology lessons
- identify key ‘out of classroom’ opportunities to further enrich your A level biology curriculum
- Evidence surrounding excellent science teaching to include:Retrieval practiceBig pictureActive learningUsing a contextChallengeAbstract ideas with concrete examplesRequired practicalsDifferentiating practicals for key pupil groupsGATSBY good practical science benchmarksEnriching your curriculum
|1 Excellent teaching and learning for A Level/KS5 biology||18 April 2023||09:00-16:00||Westcliff High School for Girls|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£185.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£350.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available