STEM Clubs - Surviving and Thriving SC102 / B09
Who is it for?
Experienced STEM subject club leaders
What topics are covered?
This online workshop is for teachers and technicians who have been involved in running a STEM Club for two or more years in a UK primary or secondary school. The course explores key considerations of running a STEM club in the long term. Focusing on identifying the factors needed to support club progress and develop a club improvement plan that aids student learning, engages senior management, and provides a firm foundation to strengthen, advance and revitalise the aims of your club.
Course attendees will conduct a club audit to identify both strengths and weaknesses and use the information to create a club improvement plan that is supportive of the school improvement plan and STEM agenda.
The course has 6 modules:
- Reflecting on your club
- Developing engaging activities
- Stretching students' capabilities
- Being visible
- Measuring impact
How will you learn?
Online – Self paced
How long is the course?
Self-paced over 1 calendar month – (average 9 hours)
Who is the course leader?
- STEM Clubs Programme
Find out more at: STEM Learning – create profile for STEM Clubs
- Explored a range of resources to revitalise a scheme of learning
- Identified the key benefits of having a STEM club for students, the school and the wider community and selected areas for improvement
- Created a marketing plan to bring new members and increase diversity
- Planned to increase student leadership of the club
- Incorporated careers-related learning and skills progression into the club scheme of learning
- Explored a range of funding options
- Planned to evaluate the impact of any changes that are implemented
|1 STEM Clubs - Surviving and Thriving||01 September 2022||00:00-00:00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£112.50 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available