Establishing a STEM club - from creation to careers SC101 / B10
Who is it for?
Prospective and new STEM subject Club Leaders
What topics are covered?
Our self-paced 'Establishing a STEM Club' course will take you through the process of planning a school science, technology, engineering or maths club, from developing a proposal and setting objectives, to creating a marketing campaign, developing an activity schedule, and planning for the long term. The course has three modules: Developing your STEM Club proposal; Creating a six-week plan; Planning for the long term. It covers:
- The impacts and benefits of a STEM club
- Club objectives, development and marketing plans
- Engaging senior leadership and colleagues
- Projects and activities for the short and long term
- Incorporating careers awareness and employability skill sets
- Recruiting students and keeping them engaged
How will you learn?
Online - Self paced
How long is the course?
Self-paced over 1 calendar month – (average 9 hours)
Who is the course leader?
Online CPD at STEM Learning. Resources and groups relating to Online CPD courses. Find out more at https://www.stem.org.uk/online-cpd
- Identified benefits and impacts relevant to the school
- Identified club objectives supportive of the school improvement plan and STEM agenda
- Development of a STEM Club proposal and marketing plans to engage senior management, colleagues and students
- Development of a project schedule of activities incorporating careers awareness and employability skills
|1 Establishing a STEM club - from creation to careers||01 September 2022||00:00-00:00||Online course|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£112.50 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available