Teaching primary science: chemistry NE005 / A22
Participants can join and start this course at any time after the advertised date.
Teach primary science effectively by developing your subject knowledge and confidence in key science topics: materials and their properties, states of matter and changes in materials.
Through the course, we will demonstrate common misconceptions children may have and show how to identify and overcome them through practical activities.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
This course covers:
- common misconceptions about dissolving, melting and irreversible reactions
- exploring changes in materials through practical work
- activities to elicit children’s misconceptions about states of matter, materials and their properties
- true false statements, odd one out and sorting activities
- scientific vocabulary
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
This is a self-paced Online Course
The course leader will be introduced in the course.
- identify the importance of good subject knowledge when teaching primary science
- develop personal subject knowledge of chemistry
- apply subject knowledge of chemistry to class teaching of pupils aged 5-11 years old
- explore practical activities to teach scientific concepts in the primary curriculum
- identify common misconceptions children may have in primary science concepts
- develop teaching strategies to identify and overcome children’s misconceptions
|Teaching primary science: chemistry||01 August 2022||00:00-00:00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£50.00 +VAT||Subsidy available*£0.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£65.00 +VAT|
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available