Managing the practical classroom: secondary science NE208 / A22
1 Aug 22
Online Delivered CPD
Online, self-paced course. Participants can join and start this course at any time after the advertised date. From managing behaviour and fostering positive attitudes, to implementing departmental processes and working with colleagues, you'll explore all aspects of practical activities in the school or college laboratory. You'll consider classroom layouts as well as the use of practical work to maximise learning. You'll also discover how to create the right climate for collaborative learning and how to simplify more complex practical work using micro-scale setups or integrated instructions.
Who is it for?
This online professional development course is designed for teachers of science subjects to students aged 11-19 years. This may include newly qualified, recently qualified and experienced teachers of science who don’t have a science background.
What topics are covered?
This course covers:
- room layouts and working in school and college laboratory settings
- creating a climate for learning in practical science
- maximising learning through practical work
How will you learn?
This online, self-paced course can be completed flexibly. Participants can join and start this course at any time after the advertised date. Find out how our online CPD works.
This course is not facilitated. You can learn independently or with colleagues to directly address your individual needs.
How long is this course?
This course takes around 9 hours to complete and you do not need to be online at any specific time. You can take the course at your own pace.
Who is the course leader?
• Tim Bradbury
• Adam Little
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- reflect upon your current laboratory management and identify areas for development
- develop a practical learning environment that facilitates independent learning and resilience
- develop your toolkit of strategies and techniques to manage students safely in the laboratory
- design practical lessons to maximise student learning through practical science
|Managing the practical classroom: secondary science||01 August 2022||00:00-00:00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£63.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£81.00 +VAT|
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available