Feedback for learning: formative assessment NE714 / A22
Online, self-paced course. Participants can join and start this course at any time after the advertised date. Marking has been identified as an area of excessive workload for teachers, however feedback is a crucial practice to enable students to move forward in their understanding. This course provides evidence-based approaches to using written and oral feedback to support student learning, without increasing your workload. You will focus on developing a classroom culture that encourages formative dialogue, and prepare students to receive feedback and act upon it to further their learning.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
This course covers:
- effective feedback as part of formative assessment.
- feedback that enables students to move forward in their learning.
- forms of written feedback and oral feedback.
- empowering students to receive and act on feedback.
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
• Andrea Mapplebeck
- apply approaches that use students’ errors to maximise learning as part of classroom culture.
- identify different types of feedback interaction within your teaching.
- develop a range of strategies to involve students in oral and written feedback.
- develop a formative classroom culture that prepares students to be responsive to feedback.
|1 Feedback for learning: formative assessment||01 August 2022||00:00-00:00||Online course|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£63.00 +VAT||Subsidy available*£0.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£81.00 +VAT|
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available