Introducing assessment for learning NE711 / A22
Online, self-paced course. Participants can join and start this course at any time after the advertised date. Improve your responsiveness as a teacher and support all students learning and understanding in STEM subjects with assessment for learning approaches. In this introductory online CPD course you will develop your teaching skills to elicit student understanding through classroom assessment and consider how to take formative action to improve learning.
You will explore intentional dialogue and learn how to create hinge-point questions for STEM subjects, drawing upon leading experts and ideas shared by other teachers. You will engage with research informed classroom approaches that have been shown to improve student understanding and performance.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- key principles of assessment for learning
- intentional dialogue as a form of evidence of students’ understanding
- hinge-point questions to respond to students’ learning
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
• Andrea Mapplebeck
• Dylan Wiliam
• Chris Harrison
- identify the main principles of assessment for learning
- reflect on the role of intentional dialogue in supporting teaching in a formative way
- explain the key characteristics of a hinge-point question
- evaluate a range of practical ideas that can be used to elicit evidence from student
|Introducing assessment for learning||01 August 2022||00:00-00:00|