Help! How do I teach physics in a primary school? NY063 / A22
This primary science course is packed full of practical ideas to teach physics within your school. You will be able to explore how children’s ideas and skills are progressed from year 1 to year 6. Discover why physics is essential for gaining an understanding of the world and how we can set strong foundations for this in primary schools.
You will explore a range of engaging, practical strategies to teach physics and discover how to tackle children's misconceptions. You will learn how to develop a progressive curriculum for physics which builds on children’s prior experiences and learning. This course will not only give you a host of ideas to inspire your pupils, it will also give you the opportunity to ask our Professional Development Leaders any questions you may have about physics.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- the primary physics national curriculum - we will explore the themes which run within the curriculum and the progression between year groups
- subject knowledge and practical ideas to teach: forces and magnets
- subject knowledge and practical ideas to teach: earth and space
- subject knowledge and practical ideas to teach: electrical circuits
- subject knowledge and practical ideas to teach: light and sound
- children's misconceptions and how to tackle them
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
- plan an engaging primary physics curriculum
- plan for practical work that embeds effective physics subject knowledge into lessons
- demonstrate a deeper understanding of the core concepts within primary physics
|Help! How do I teach physics in a primary school?||06 March 2023||11:00-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Help! How do I teach physics in a primary school?||07 March 2023||09:00-16:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Fees & Subsidies
If the course you would like to attend is fully booked, please contact email@example.com to express your interest in being added to a waiting list. We will contact you when the course is due to run again.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available