Managing behaviour for learning NE700 / B21
Online, self-paced course. Participants can join and start this course at any time after the advertised date. Transform your classroom by making small shifts in your own behaviour. You will develop a good understanding of how to be proactive about encouraging good behaviour in your classroom and reactive in responding calmly to poor behaviour. Other areas covered in this course include how to develop the habits of effective behaviour management; mechanisms for communicating success with students, parents and colleagues; how to use group rewards to change behaviour; and how to manage difficult confrontations.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- managing your own behaviour to influence your students’ behaviour: controlling yourself, adult behaviour and interacting with students
- using rules and routines to achieve consistency: routines, rules and habits
- intelligent use of recognition to motivate students: recognition, classroom techniques and communicating home
- reducing friction when students behave badly: diverting and diffusing, scripted interventions
- reparation and restorative practice: punishments and restoration
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
• Paul Dix
• Paul Thornton
• Yeasmin Mortuza
• Jane Winter
- assess how your own behaviour influences the behaviour of your students
- apply rules and routines to achieve consistency
- apply recognition intelligently to motivate students
- demonstrate how to reduce friction when students behave badly
- develop reparation and restorative practice
|Managing behaviour for learning||03 January 2022||00:00-00:00||Online course|
FutureLearn terms and conditions: This course is hosted on the FutureLearn social learning platform and you will need to create an account if you do not already have one.
In addition to STEM Learning Terms and Conditions, by booking on this course you are consenting to FutureLearn’s Terms and Conditions for Invited Learners. By booking onto this course, you agree that your information will be held by FutureLearn and National STEM Learning Centre as data controllers in common, and that by joining the course on FutureLearn your progress will be monitored by STEM Learning.
If you have booked in advance of the course being available, you will receive an email to access the course on FutureLearn no later than the course start date.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£105.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£135.00 +VAT|
Find out how our Online CPD works and how to make the most of your online professional development.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available