Managing the practical classroom: secondary science NE208 / A21
Online, self-paced course. Participants can join and start this course at any time after the advertised date. From managing behaviour and fostering positive attitudes, to implementing departmental processes and working with colleagues, you'll explore all aspects of practical activities in the school or college laboratory. You'll consider classroom layouts as well as the use of practical work to maximise learning. You'll also discover how to create the right climate for collaborative learning and how to simplify more complex practical work using micro-scale setups or integrated instructions.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- room layouts and working in school and college laboratory settings
- creating a climate for learning in practical science
- maximising learning through practical work
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
• Tim Bradbury
• Adam Little
- reflect upon your current laboratory management and identify areas for development
- develop a practical learning environment that facilitates independent learning and resilience
- develop your toolkit of strategies and techniques to manage students safely in the laboratory
- design practical lessons to maximise student learning through practical science
|Managing the practical classroom: secondary science||02 August 2021||00:00-00:00|
FutureLearn terms and conditions: This course is hosted on the FutureLearn social learning platform and you will need to create an account if you do not already have one.
In addition to STEM Learning Terms and Conditions, by booking on this course you are consenting to FutureLearn’s Terms and Conditions for Invited Learners. By booking onto this course, you agree that your information will be held by FutureLearn and National STEM Learning Centre as data controllers in common, and that by joining the course on FutureLearn your progress will be monitored by STEM Learning.
If you have booked in advance of the course being available, you will receive an email to access the course on FutureLearn no later than the course start date.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£90.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£112.50 +VAT|
Find out how our Online CPD works and how to make the most of your online professional development.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available